Burke Candy & MobCraft Brewery Bites of Love Pairing
We teamed up with MobCraft Brewery on February 13th for a five course beer and chocolate pairing in honor of Valentine's Day. The pairings got more funky as the night went on and we threw in a surprise beer for everyone to try. We also offered a Pairing Package To Go which included a 22oz bottle of MobCrafts Blood of Acan beer (an Imperial Stout brewed with cayenne, cacao nibs and vanilla) and a quarter pound bag of our Spicy Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Bark!
- Milk Chocolate Toffee Bite with Gier Bier (Lager)
- Milk Chocolate Orange Peel with MC Amber (Amber Ale)
- English Toffee with Vanilla Wafer (Porter)
- Dark Chocolate PB&J Bite with Kringle Monster (Imperial Pastry Stout with Kringles & Raspberries)
- *Surprise Pairing* Dark Chocolate PB&J Bite with The Kneads of the Bread Outweigh the Needs of the Few (Imperial Stout with Cacao Nibs, Peanut Powder and Banana)
- Mint Meltaway with Grasshopper Milk Stout (Milk Stout with Mint, Cacao Nibs, and Vanilla)
Burke Candy & Gathering Place Brewing Company Pairing
We joined forces with our neighbors, Gathering Place Brewing Company, and hosted a beer and chocolate pairing event! Not many people think that beer and chocolate go together but they are surprisingly a great combination. Here is the list of what we paired for you to try at home!
- Milk Chocolate Toffee Bite with Treffpunkt Kolsch
Lemon Truffle with Lille Bjorn Norwegian Witbier
Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel with Stor Bjorn Hoppy Farmhouse
- White Chocolate Cranberry & Pistachio Bark with The Wonderworker
- Belgian Strong Ale
- English Toffee with Murdered by Crows Coffee Rye Stout
Burke Candy & Shully's Cuisine & Events Pairing
We hosted a chocolate and libations pairing class with Shully's Cuisine & Events and had so much fun that we decided to share the pairings with everyone to enjoy at home! If you do not have these specific libations, feel free to use something similar. A couple of our favorite pairings were the Peanut Butter Meltaway and the Lustau San Emilio Pedro Ximenez Sherry as well as the Cherry Bon Bon and the Tommasi Rafael Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC. Enjoy!
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio & Cranberry Bark with Rodney Strong Reserve Pinot Noir
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Bon Bon with Tommasi Rafael Valpolicella Classico Superiore DOC
- Milk Chocolate Orange Peel with Basil Hayden's 8yr Bourbon
- Danke Schoen with Lemon Hart 1804 Demerara Rum
- Dark Chocolate Butter Toffee Bite with El Tesoro Reposado Tequila
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway with Lustau San Emilio Pedro Ximenez Sherry
Burke Candy & Jameson "On the Rocks" Lounge at Irish Fest
The finest Jameson Irish Whiskey brands were offered at Jameson On the Rocks Tent at Irish Fest Unquestionably the flagship brands of the Jameson Distilleries are Rarest Vintage Reserve, Red Breast 21, and Midleton Very Rare, and they are three of Jameson's wonderful offerings. These aren't mass-marketed, but are limited and highly distinguished premium Irish whiskeys. Along with Jameson 18yr, Gold and Yellow Spot, enjoy these Jameson products with a perfect chocolate pairing to your selected Irish Whiskey!
- Dark Chocolate Plain Bark with Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Cherry Bark with Yellow Spot 12 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Dark Chocolate Cayenne Pepper and Honey Roasted Almond Bark with 18 Year Old Jameson
- Milk Chocolate Sea Salt and Vanilla Bean Bark with Jameson Gold
- Milk Chocolate Butter Toffee with Middleton Very Rare 2017
- White Chocolate Himalayan Sea Salt and Vanilla Bean Bark with Redbreast 21 Year Old